Rss Feed
  1.  

    OFFERING SOMETHING

    A.    Essay. Read the dialogue and answer the questions!


    Andi: Could I help you on your new project?

    Siti  : I have a need for help with writing and also a need for help with the computer work.

    Which would you prefer?

    Andi : I want to help with both.

    Siti   : That would be wonderful. Sometimes we will be working together and sometimes independently. Would that be OK?

    Andi : Most of the time that is what I prefer.

    Siti: We start on Monday. Can you be there?

    Andi : I am not sure yet.

    Siti   : I need your background information before the meeting.

    Andi  : I will do that.

    Siti   : I'll enjoy working with you. Have a great day!

     

    Questions

    1.      What are they talking about?

    2.      What did Siti need?

    3.      Did Andi offer help to her? Mention the sentence!

    4.      What Siti’s response for Andi’s offering

    5.      Did they make a deal with the time working together? Give the reason!

     

    A.    Incomplete dialogue. Answer the correct answer by choosing A, B, C or D!

    1.      Waiter : Good afternoon, Sriwijaya service station, May I help you? UN 2003

    Customer:

    A.    We offer special service,

    B.     Yes, the gas station is far from here,

    C.     I’d like to have my car engine checked.

     

    2.      Waiter :I’m going to the supermarket, do you need anything? UN 2003

    Ani      :

    A.    A kilo of sugar please,

    B.     That would be lovely,

    C.     Don’t mention it.

     

    3.      Susi : Would you like me to bring you a VCD tonight? UN 2004

    Santi: …

    A.    Give me a ring tonight,

    B.     That would be lovely,

    C.     No, I don’t like to go to the sea.

     

    4.      Susi: The books you brought look very heavy…

    Lee            : Sure, it’s very kind of you. Thank you, Kim

    A.    Would you like me to help you?

    B.     Would you like to help me?

    C.     Would I like to help you?

    D.    Would you like to bring it for me?

     

    5.      Tourist: I don’t know this place. Can you tell me where it is located?

    Native      : Well, it’s far enough. Would you like me to show you the place?

    Tourist      : really? It’s very kind of you.

    The underlined sentence shows us that…

    A.    The native is not really sure about the location

    B.     The native is in doubt about the location

    C.     The native accept the tourist’s offer to help him

    D.    The native offers the tourist some help

     

    6.      Ika: It’s so hot here.

    Rina          : …

    A.  Would you like me to turn off the AC?

    B.  Would you like me to turn on the AC?

    C.  Would you like  I to turn off the AC?

    D.  Would I like to turn off the AC?

     

    7.      Tiwi: It’s so cool here.

    Tika: ... and make hot tea for you?

    A. Would you like me to turn on the AC.

    B. Would you like me to turn on the heater

    C. Would you like to go out for a while.

    D. Would you like to use our new fan

     

    8.      Kesha  : Tomorrow is your birthday…..

     Rani   : No, thanks .everything is already well-prepared.

    A. Would you give me a present?

    B. What about going to the restaurant?

    C. Would you like to come along with me?

    D. Would you like me to bring you a black forest cake?

     

    9.      Waiter      : Excuse me, sir … ?

    Angga : Yes, sure. I’d like a glass of vanilla milkshake with strawberry ice cream on it.

    A. Do you want to bring some food

    B. Would you like to order now

    C. What would you like to eat

    D. Shall I get you the menu

     

    10.  John          : I am getting sweaty, it's very hot in this room ....

    Ricard : Yes thanks.

    A. Will you turn off the air conditioner, please?

    B. Would you like me to open the windows?

    C. Can you switch on the lamp?

    D. Could you stay outside?

    #latihansoalbahasaInggris

    #BahasaInggrisSMK

    #KelasXII

    #Offeringhelp

    #Englishmaterials 


     

     


  2. 0 komentar: