Rss Feed
  1. ASKING AND GIVING OPINION

    Minggu, 08 September 2019


    1.        GIVING OPINION
    Memberikan pendapat / opini

    Read these dialogues with your friend.

    1. A : What do you think about my new pair of shoes?
       B : I think they look good on you.

    2. A : Do you have any opinion about my bag?
       B : Well, I must say it’s nice.

    Asking for opinions:
             What do you think of this soup?
             What is your opinion about my dress?
             What do you think about my English teacher?
             What about you?
             What is in your mind about..?

    »Giving opinions :
    »Not bad
    »That’s good
    »I think he is friendly and helpful
    »Yeah, it is good idea.


    Dialogue
    Ana     : I like Harry Potter movies because the magic seems so real
    Ana     : I don’t agree with you. Harry Potter movies are just overrated

    Expression of Agreeing Opinion

    -         I agree with this opinion
    -         This is absolutely right
    -         I couldn’t agree more.
    -         I agree with what you are saying,
    -         Of course
    -         I agree, I never thought of that
    -         Neither do I
    -         That’s a good point
    -         I think so too

    Disagreeing with opinion
    -         I’m sorry, I don’t agree with you
    -         I am not sure I agree with you
    -         I disagree with you
    -         I think you are wrong
    -         I do not believe that
    -         I am not convinced that…
    -         That’s not the same thing at all
    -         I can’t agree with this..


    1.        Sinta :  parents can’t force their children to be what they want them to be.
    Nani : ……….. Each child has his or her own ability and talent, parents only need to support it
    A.  I’m  against you                   
    B.  I’m on your side
    C.  I completely disagree          
    D.  I doubt about it.

    2.        Ana: Jurassic park is the best movie ever.
    Ani: I don’t think so, it’s totally an irrational movie.
    From the conversation above, we can assume that..
    A.    Ani totally disagrees with Sari.
    B.     Ani doesn’t understand Sari’s opinion
    C.     Ani is confused with Sari’s opinion
    D.    Ani doesn’t like Sari’s opinion

    3.        Teguh: JK.Rowling’s book are masterpieces.
    Susilo: … He must have gotten many awards for what he has written
    A.    I’m not sure
    B.     I have no idea
    C.     That must be true.
    D.    I am doubtful about it

    4.        Agus: …
    Charir: I don’t think so, every country must take part in reducing gas emissions
    A.    Advanced countries are the ones who must responsible for the gas emissions they have been producing
    B.     Developing countries must take part in reducing gas emission
    C.     There must be no difference in burden between advanced and developing countries
    D.    Advanced countries are not the one who must be responsible.




  2. 0 komentar: